Contributing to the Wiki
It's a group effort!
Pega Community Wiki depends on your participation! If you have a design pattern to share, go ahead and add it! You should also expect that your colleagues might make edits or suggestions.
What's the difference between an edit and a suggestion?
Edits are made directly to a design pattern. If you have additional content that would enhance the design pattern, or notice something that should be corrected, use the Edit function. For example, a section on Making pizza at high altitudes could be added to the Making Pizza design pattern. Note: Editing is currently available to Pega employees and will be curated prior to publishing.
Suggestions provide a forum for recommendations and questions. For example, "This is helpful, but it would be great to have details on how to make pizza dough at a high altitude," or "What types of tomatoes are recommended for a great pizza sauce?"
Note: Suggestions can currently only be made by Pega employees. Moving into phase two, we will be opening up this feature for authenticated users.
It all starts with a good title
Titles give the essence of the information that a user is about to digest. Giving your article an attractive, interesting title is a key part of the writing process. The following simple guidelines can help you to create good titles:
- Do not write "Best practices for...", as this creates problems with the Wiki engine's sorting and display of articles.
- Capitalization: Use sentence-style capitalization (capital letter on the first word and proper names), not headline style (capital letters on every word).
- Length: Long-winded titles look bad and risk becoming incomprehensible. Provide enough information, but don't try to summarize the entire topic in the title.
- Action verbs: Use active voice and positive statements to give your titles impact. For example:
- Good: Making white sauce for pizza. Bad: Best practices for white pizza sauce.
- Good: Diagnosing your system with the Performance tool Bad: Use the Performance tool to diagnose your system
- Good: Migrating customer data from Salesforce to Pega Sales Automation Bad: Ways to migrate customer data from Salesforce to Pega Sales Automation
In your writing, there are three simple guidelines that will help you create the best possible content:
- Be clear: Use simple sentences to communicate. Avoid uncertainty when providing instructions.
- Be specific: Write exactly what you need to communicate. Be precise and only include the necessary details.
- Be consistent: Your style, structure, format, and use of terms should be consistent.
Content to avoid
Review and follow these guidelines to ensure that Pega Community Wiki is a healthy, vibrant community.
Pega Community Wiki content should not include:
- Personal content
- Customer references
- Customer names
- Competitor references
- Competitor names
- Company confidential information
- Commentary or subjective opinion on products of other vendors or the vendors themselves
- Quotes containing commentary or subjective opinion on products of other vendors or the vendors themselves
Need support or have questions?
Contact the PegaWiki team