Creating service cases in App Studio by using the case template
|Request to Publish||Yes|
|Version as of|
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ Please Read Below ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
Enter your content below. Use the basic wiki template that is provided to organize your content. After making your edits, add a summary comment that briefly describes your work, and then click "SAVE". To edit your content later, select the page from your "Watchlist" summary. If you can not find your article, search the design pattern title.
When your content is ready for publishing, next to the "Request to Publish" field above, type "Yes". A Curator then reviews and publishes the content, which might take up to 48 hours.
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ The above text will be removed prior to being published ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
Pega Customer Service v8.5 includes a new Service Case Template that should be used when creating new service cases in App Studio via the case designer. The Service Case Template helps enforce common best practices expected for most service cases implemented in Customer Service. In addition to providing common stages, processes, and steps, the template is supported by a number of optional toggles to easily enable/disable certain capabilities.
This document summarizes the key Template features and configuration options, all of which are considered best practices in case management when utilized in your implementation.
Note that detailed documentation for implementing and configuring the Service Case Template can be found in the Pega Customer Service Implementation Guide on Pega Community (Pega Customer Service 8.5+) https://community.pega.com/knowledgebase/products/customer-service
Case main stages and alternate stages
Main case stages include Eligibility, Intake, Process request, and Resolve. Alternative stages include Bypass eligibility, Ineligible, Not verified, Cancel, and Approval/Rejection.
- Utilize App Studio for all key service case implementation and configuration.
- Use the case stages and their optional configurations to expedite the implementation of your service cases.
- Additional stages and steps can be added to meet the needs of your unique business needs and case processing requirements.
- The case template model is meant to provide numerous extension points and these are exposed and “can be extended” on case processing options.
The Service Case Template provides implementation flexibility by providing a number of configuration settings that can be toggled on or off based on the needs of the business for each service case. Each of the below configuration options are available in App Studio (Case settings > Case processing options).
- Use these OOTB options to configure your service cases per business requirements.
- Each option reflects a best practice in case management and was designed to be enabled via simple configuration.
- Keeping the stages and process/steps in place and leverage their enabling / disabling is faster than ripping them out of the case.
- You can also extend the case template model by adding other channels as additional sub-processes.
- Allow duplicate search – Option to search for duplicate cases
- Bypass eligibility – Allows the CSR to bypass the eligibility check
- Compose and send message – An option in the Other actions menu to send an email to the customer
- Review intake – Displays the case review screen during the Intake stage
- Send intake notification – Sends a case intake notification to the customer
- Send resolve notification – Sends a case resolution notification to the customer
- Show approve rejection stage – Displays the case approve or rejection in the dropdown
- Straight through process – Allows the case to be processes without manual intervention in the process stage
- Transfer work – Displays the Transfer option in the other action menu, allowing the CSR to transfer the case to another CSR.
- Use new confirm screen* – Option to utilize the enhanced Confirm screen introduced in Pega Customer Service 8.5.
*The confirm harness that was redesigned in the Customer Service 8.5 release provides a What’s Next text (bullets) area that can be used to clearly articulate to the CSR and hence to the customer, what the next actions will be for the current service case.