Difference between revisions of "Creating service cases in App Studio by using the case template"
Tag: Visual edit
m (Szal, lukasz moved page Creating service cases in App Studio by using the service case template to Creating service cases in App Studio by using the service case template)
Revision as of 07:49, 23 September 2020
Creating service cases in App Studio by using the service case template
|Description||Best practices for creating service cases in App Studio by using the service case template|
|Version as of||8.5|
|Capability/Industry Area||Case management|
Pega Customer Service 8.5 includes a new service case template that should be used when creating new service cases in App Studio. The service case template helps enforce common best practices expected for most service cases implemented in Customer Service. In addition to providing common stages, processes, and steps, the template is supported by a number of optional toggles to easily enable or disable certain capabilities.
This document summarizes the key template features and configuration options, all of which are considered best practices in case management when utilized in your implementation.
Note that detailed documentation for implementing and configuring the service case template can be found in the Pega Customer Service Implementation Guide on Pega Community (Pega Customer Service 8.5+): https://community.pega.com/knowledgebase/products/customer-service
Case main stages and alternate stages
Main case stages include Eligibility, Intake, Process request, and Resolve. Alternative stages include Bypass eligibility, Ineligible, Not verified, Cancel, and Approval/Rejection. Apply the following best practices for stages:
- Use App Studio for all key service case implementation and configuration.
- Use the case stages and their optional settings to expedite the implementation of your service cases.
- Add stages and steps to meet your unique business needs and case processing requirements.
- Extend in the case template model through numerous extension points that are exposed in the case processing options.
The service case template provides implementation flexibility through a number of configuration settings that can be toggled on or off based on the business needs for each service case. All the following configuration options are available in App Studio (Case settings > Case processing options):
- Use these OOTB options to configure your service cases per business requirements.
- Use each option as a best practice in case management that was designed to be enabled through simple configuration.
- Keep the stages and process steps in place and enable or disable them as needed because it is faster than removing them from the case.
- Extend the case template model by adding other channels as additional subprocesses.
- Allow duplicate search – Provides a search for duplicate cases.
- Bypass eligibility – Allows the CSR to bypass the eligibility check.
- Compose and send message – Provides an option in the Other actions menu to send an email to the customer.
- Review intake – Displays the case review screen during the Intake stage.
- Send intake notification – Sends a case intake notification to the customer.
- Send resolve notification – Sends a case resolution notification to the customer.
- Show approve rejection stage – Displays the case approve and rejection options in a drop-down list.
- Straight through process – Allows the case to be processes without manual intervention in the process stage.
- Transfer work – Displays the Transfer option in the Other actions menu, allowing the CSR to transfer the case to another CSR.
- Use new confirm screen* – Provides an option to use the enhanced Confirm screen introduced in Pega Customer Service 8.5.
*The confirm harness that was redesigned in Customer Service 8.5 provides a
What’s Next text (bullets) area that can be used to clearly articulate to the CSR, and hence to the customer, what the next actions will be for the current service case.