Unifying ID across all case types
|Description||Unifying ID across all case types|
|Version as of||8.5|
|Capability/Industry Area||Case Management|
Pega Platform™ provides the properties
Work-.pyCustomerEnterprise with the intention to track all activities that are related to a single customer.
- While these properties have been optimized for reporting on tables that are mapped to the case types and the
pyCustomerproperty is propagated to the assignment records, the
pc_assign_workbaskettables do not include these columns.
Data-Work-Historyare mapped to views
pegadata.pcv4_assignment_summary, and the table
pegadata.pcv4_work_historyrespectively and include these columns. However, these classes have rules that have long been deprecated (LIST VIEWS and SUMMARY VIEWS and NO report-definitions) that imply that these are no longer used by newer (Pega 7 and later) customer implementations.
- The column widths are varying for these properties and cannot hold values of case keys (
pxCoverInsKeycolumns are 255 characters wide).
While applications can use this pattern as a reference to track activity that is related to a single customer, they may not be able to directly use this the way it is currently provided.
- Define properties for identifiers to end with the string
Idto indicate what value the property holds, for example,
- Propagate the values from case instances into assignment records in the DT:
NewAssignmentspecialized in the application layer.
- Optimize the property for reporting in both the tables that are mapped to the case type and the
pc_assign_workbasket. Ensure that the column sizes are of 255 characters.
- Use report definitions to group by specific identifiers.