Features and functions of the Task case in Care Management
Features and functions of the Task case in Care Management
|Description||Using and extending the Task case|
|Version as of||8.6|
|Application||Pega Care Management|
|Capability/Industry Area||Healthcare and Life Sciences|
The Task case in Pega Care Management is the cover case for many features and functions. Through the Business Analyst portal, task templates are available and are used as accelerators for creating a task.Tasks define the automated and manual user actions such as scheduled phone calls, scheduled risk assessments, sending fulfillment, sending correspondence (emails and letters), and interventions.
The following lists the task templates and the corresponding tasks that you can perform:
- Notify case owner: Automatically send an email to the case owner
- Record observation: Record an observation
- Schedule assessment: Schedule a phone assessment
- Schedule call: Schedule a phone call to a patient or the patient's primary care physician
- Send email: Generate a pre-configured email to a patient or the patient's primary care physician
- Send fulfillment: Set the fulfillment education information that can be sent to a patient or the patient's primary care physician
- Send letter: Send a pre-configured letter to either a patient or the patient's primary care physician
Out-of-the box, all tasks are in the PegaHC-Care-Work-CareAccel-Task acclerator class and the Rule-PegaCare-Task rule class.
Key rules for tasks
The following are rules that you can reference when working with a task. The use of rules impact the display, creation, update, and deletion of tasks.
|Rule name||Rule type||Class||Purpose||Parameters|
Used to display tasks
|D_BATaskList||Data page||Rule-PegaCare-Task||Displays task templates||searchText, ReportName, Category|
|TaskList||Report definition||Rule-PegaCare-Task||Loads the task templates based on the category and type||Category, Type|
Used to create tasks
|MapRuleType||Decision table||Rule-||Returns the rule template name (problem) based on the rule class|
|DeleteCareTemplateRule||Activity||Index-Reference||Deletes all associated care templates||referenceKey, ruleType, category, purpose|
|NewTask||Flow||PegaHC-Care-Work-CareAccel-Task||Creates a new task template|
|D_fetchCategories||Data page||Rule-Obj-FieldValue||Fetches categories based on the field name and class name||Fieldname, className|
|UpdateExistingSLA||Flow action||PegaHC-Care-Work-CareAccel||Updates the existing Service Level Agreement (SLA) rule associated with the task|
|SetSLAInitialValues||Activity||PegaHC-Care-Work-CareAccel||Initializes the SLA rule|
|SaveSLARule||Activity||PegaHC-Care-Work-CareAccel-Task||Saves the SLA rule|
|ListSLA||Report definition||PegaHC-Care-Work-CareAccel-Task||Loads all SLAs associated with the task class||ClassName|
|D_StartingFlowsList||Data page||Embed-PegaHC-Stringlist||Gets the list of flows that can be associated with a task|
|D_TaskFlowsList||Data page||Rule-Obj-Flow||Gets the list of flows that can be associated with a task. The configured flow is invoked when a task case is associated with a patient.|
|D_QuestionnaireCategory||Data page||Rule-PegaQ-Questionnaire||Gets the list of assessment categories|
|QuestionnaireByCategory||Report definition||Rule-PegaQ-Questionnaire||Gets the list of assessments based on the selected category||aCategory|
|ListOfValidCorrs||Report definition||Rule-Obj-Corr-CM||Gets the list of email templates||corrType, category, associatedParty|
|GetProgramsList||Report definition||PegaHC-Data-Program||Gets the list of all programs||category|
|ListOfMaterials||Report definition||Rule-File-Binary||Gets the list of all fulfillments based on the program||relativepath|
|ListOfKMArticles||Report definition||PegaFW-KM-Work-Content-Published||Gets the list of all KM articles based on the program||program|
Used to update tasks
|UpdateTask||Flow||PegaHC-Care-Work-CareAccel-Task||Updates an existing task template|
|SetUpdateParameters||Data transform||@baseclass||filename, filetype, relativepath, description, category|
|CopyTask||Activity||PegaHC-Care-Work||Opens the existing task instance and copies the template to the workpage||purpose, category, className, objClass, label|
|NewTask||Activity||PegaHC-Care-Work-CareAccel-Task||Creates or saves the task instance|
|Used to Delete Tasks|
|DeleteConfirmScreen||Flow action||PegaHC-Care-Work-CareAccel-Task||Confirmation screen for task delete|
|LoadReferencingRules||Activity||PegaHC-Care-Work||Fetches the referencing rules of the task template||Lockversion,
|DeleteCareTemplateRule||Activity||PegaHC-Care-Work||Deletes a task template||RulePage|
Before you begin
- Set the classes and rulesets to the appropriate implementation layer.
- Review that the task types are accurate for the organization.
- If using fulfillment tasks, review Pega Knowledge taxonomy and content.
Use case examples
The following are examples of task use cases that might apply to your organization:
- A business user wants to create a task for assigning an assessment within the Business Analyst Portal.
- An application developer wants to add a new task type and configure an SLA. Because there are new types of tasks that are needed by the organization, developers can add new task types.
- An application developer wants to extend a step within the stage to meet their organizations process design.The organization might want a task to include a new step or stage. The developer and business user can perform this work.
- A business user within the Patient 360 wants to add a task to the patient's care plan. The care manager can add tasks to the care plan to personalize the care plan for the patient or member.
For information about how to implement specific use cases, see the Business Use Case Guide located on the Care Management Community page. After your review of the use cases, you should understand the following:
- Construction of the task case
- Functions and features of each task
- How to extend a task case