Leverage PGP from Customer Service
Leverage PGP from Customer Service
|Description||Building a PGP Implementation Stack with Customer Service|
|Version as of||8.5|
|Application||Pega Government Platform|
Pega Government Platform and Customer Service Integration
In the past Pega Government Platform customers have found it challenging to integrate PGP with Customer Service in manner that enables the best of both product’s worlds: government entity management and communications channel management. Working through the the initial integration of these two products has been known to take two or more weeks out of a development schedule. For sales demonstration teams and customers this represents a significant hardship.
PGP product management is therefore providing this integration approach and supporting ruleset to greatly reduce the PGP + CS project setup time so that our customers can focus on the business of specifying case types and not be distracted by initial product stack configuration.
Several plausible solution architectures have been developed in response to these challenges (see ###whitepaperxxxx###, and ###whitepaperyyyy###). The PGP team have chosen to provide a CS implementation layer ruleset which contains rule overrides for common extensions from PGP and CS enabling the high-value features from both products.
- All PGP core case types are enabled for use in CS, with full interaction driver support
- Person View and Business View integrated
- CS contact search integrated to PGP person entity
- CS business search integrated to PGP business entity
- Shared work pool: Cases created in the CS layer can be processed in the PGP layer
- Pega Call Demo-Pop support for common PGP Demo personas, e.g., Marty Solomon
By leveraging the PGP + CS Bridge (GovCSIntegration85.zip), this effort to build the CS+PGP initial integrated product stack can be greatly reduced, and on-premises customers can assemble the application stack and be ready to build an application on PGP and CS under 2 hours.
This integration kit is available on the Pega Marketplace at the following URL
- If you have existing implementation layer application built on Pega Government Platform v8.5, then you can go to step 3.
- To build a new implementation layer on top of Pega government platform application then follow the PGP implementation guide, https://community.pega.com/knowledgebase/documents/pega-government-platform-85-implementation-guide
- For instance, if you have built PGP Demo application on Pega Government Platform (or ICM, Procurements, Complaints) application, then open the application definition and add CustomerService application to the built-on applications stack and GovCSIntegration ruleset to Application ruleset stack as shown below.
- Logoff and login again to reset the ruleset stack.
- For case types that were already built in the implementation layer (i.e, only for old case types) , go to records explorer, under Process select intent task, click on create and give apply to class as “PegaCA-Work-Interaction” to show intent task under General category.
- Note: For new case types created, the Intent task will be created automatically.
- Mention the case type’s class in Task class field and starting flow as below and save it.
- Creation of access groups
- Search for CSCSR access group and save as with a new name and mention your application in the application field as shown below.
- Creation of new operator with created access group:
- Go to records explorer, under organization select Operator ID. Click on Create.
- Add above created access group to the operator as shown below and under work tab have team as “CSR” and save.
- Repeat steps 7,8 for other access groups CSBOManager, CSBOUser, CSManager if required.
- For new case types that are created after updating the application record, intent tasks get created automatically under Account category. To change the category under which the intent task to be displayed, from Case types explorer, open the case type, click on settings tab, Go to Service request options and change the category
- To enable the use of App studio, add CS:ExpressMgrTools, CS:ExpressUser roles to the admin access group