Improving sales rep productivity by integrating Pega Sales Automation with the Outlook Add-in
|Description||Learn how to improve sales reps' productivity by integrating Pega Sales Automation with the Outlook Add-in|
|Version as of||8.5|
|Capability/Industry Area||Sales Automation|
Integrating Pega Sales Automation with different email clients helps to maximize your selling time. With the Outlook add-in, you can sync emails and appointments back to Pega Sales Automation on demand, so that you can track activities and analyze the incoming data. Also, you can analyze the sentiment of received emails, appointments, and corresponding attachments. Based on that analysis, the system can suggest appropriate actions. Also, you can access all your Pega-related data without leaving your email clients, such as Microsoft Outlook, and Office Online. You can also use pre-configured templates to quickly create emails.
Types of Outlook Add-ins
Why Office Add-ins are better than Component Object Model (COM) and VSTO add-ins
Microsoft Outlook items that support mail add-ins include email messages, meeting requests, responses and cancellations, and appointments. Each email add-in defines the context in which it is available, including the types of items and whether the user is reading or composing an item.
Microsoft Add-in components
The basic components of an Office Add-in are the XML manifest file and web application. The manifest defines various settings, including how the add-in integrates with Office clients. Web application needs to be hosted on a web server.
Integrating the Outlook Add-in with Pega Sales Automation
The following figure presents how Pega Sales Automation data is rendered in the Outlook side panel:
Key functionality provided by Outlook Add-in in Pega Sales Automation:
- Search, open, and display Pega Sales Automation objects such as leads, contacts, opportunities, organizations, accounts, and so on.
- Synchronize required emails and appointments on demand to Pega Sales Automation from Outlook.
- Associate emails or appointments with contacts, leads, opportunities, organizations, and accounts.
- Create Pega Sales Automation objects such as contacts, leads, opportunities, activities, and tasks, and so on.
To configure the Outlook add-in, see Integrating Pega Sales Automation with Microsoft Outlook by using the Pega for Outlook Office add-in.
Optimizing the performance of Add-ins
You can also optimize the performance of your add-ins on desktop and mobile devices by optimizing the use of resources in the add-in. For more information, see Performance optimization for Office Add-ins.
- Pinnable task pane is supported only by Outlook 2016 for Windows and Outlook Online. For more information, see the Microsoft documentation entitled Pinnable taskpane.
- Server should be SSL-enabled.
- Third party cookies should be enabled for browser.
- For Microsoft Edge to access a private server, add
https://outlook.office.comto your trusted websites.
- For iPhone on safari, allow cross-site tracking in Safari.
Supported clients and Exchange servers
- Supported for Outlook for Mac 2016 (With Exchange Service Pack 1 or later), Office 365 web, Outlook client 2013 and 2016 for windows.
- Support for Exchange Server versions 2013, 2016, and Microsoft Exchange Online (365).
- Supported on iOS and Android Outlook Apps and browsers using Office 365 accounts.
- Not supported for Outlook 2010 on Windows.
- Not supported for the Outlook Web App for Exchange 2013 and 2016 because these web clients do not support the taskpane-style add-ins.