Improve sales rep productivity by integrating Pega Sales Automation with the Gmail extension
|Description||Learn how to improve sales reps' productivity by integrating Pega Sales Automation with the Gmail extension|
|Version as of||8.5|
|Capability/Industry Area||Sales Automation|
This article describes design best practices for improving sales reps' productivity by integrating Pega Sales Automation with the Gmail extension in the Google Chrome web browser.
Integrating Pega Sales Automation with different email clients helps to maximize your selling time. With the Gmail extension for Chrome, you can sync emails and appointments back to Pega Sales Automation on demand, so that you can track activities and analyze incoming data. Also, you can analyze the sentiment of received emails, appointments, and corresponding attachments. Based on that analysis, the system can suggest appropriate actions. You can also access all your Pega-related data without leaving Gmail. Additionally, you can use pre-configured templates to quickly create emails.
What is an Extension?
Integration with Sales Automation
Pega Sales Automation provides a Google Chrome extension to boost sales productivity and bring more efficiency to the entire process. As a Gmail user, you no longer need to switch to the sales automation portal to see sales automation objects and corresponding insights related to emails and appointments. As this is a Chrome extension, this functionality works only in the Chrome browser and will not be supported for any other browsers or mobile devices, and so on.
For more information, see the Pega Community article on Integrating Pega Sales Automation with Gmail by using the Chrome extension.
Key functionality provided by the Gmail extension in Pega Sales Automation:
- Search, open, and display Pega Sales Automation objects such as leads, contacts, opportunities, organizations, and accounts, and so on.
- Synchronize required emails and appointments on demand to Pega Sales Automation from Gmail.
- Associate emails or appointments with contacts, leads, opportunities, organizations, and accounts.
- Create Pega Sales Automation objects such as contacts, leads, opportunities, activities, and tasks, and so on.
- The integration of attachments in Google Calendar is not supported.
- Replies by using email templates are not supported for calendar events.
- Calendar events cannot be related to any sales entities before the initial save or send.
- The Gmail extension works on Microsoft Windows and Mac Chrome browsers only, and is valid only for G Suite accounts. It does not work with personal accounts.
Pega Sales Automation provides Gmail Extensions to have access to the contextual information related to emails and appointments within Gmail. Sales reps, sales managers, and sales ops are able to see Pega Sales Automation information without launching the Sales Automation application separately.