FAQ Document on Application Migration
FAQ Document on Application Migration
|Description||Pega Customer Decision Hup application migration FAQ|
|Version as of||8.7|
|Application||Pega Customer Decision Hub|
|Capability/Industry Area||Change and Revision Management|
Frequently asked questions
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about setting up the Business Operations Environment (BOE).
How do I configure teams in the Pega 1:1 Operations Manager application?
Configure teams in the BOE by logging in as the Team Lead. For more information, see Configuring a team in Pega 1:1 Operations Manager.
How do I onboard or add a new member to the Pega 1:1 Operations Manager application?
A system administrator in the CDHAdmin access group adds operators in the BOE. Then, the Team Lead adds users to the respective teams according to their access groups.
Which operator should I use to create operators and teams, and to extend 1:1 Operations Manager?
Here are some of the user roles and the tasks that they can perform:
- A system architect in the CDHAdmin access group creates operators.
- An administrator in the OpsMgrAdmin access group creates teams. The OpsMgrAdmin access group is mapped to the overlay application and the CDH-Artifacts ruleset is the first unlocked ruleset in the stack. When an operator in the OpsMgrAdmin ruleset creates a team, this creates work queues in the CDH-Artifacts ruleset.
- A developer in the OpsDeveloper access group extends and customizes the Pega 1:1 Operations Manager application. The OpsDeveloper access group is mapped to the 1:1 Operations Manager extension application and the OpsManager ruleset is the first unlocked ruleset.
For more information, see Creating operators accounts in Pega 1:1 Operations Manager.
What changes should I make in the Pega 1:1 Operations Manager extension?
Pega 1:1 Operations Manager extension is the layer in which you make enhancements to your Pega 1:1 Operations Manager application. These enhancements include changes to UI, cases, stages, flow and assignment routing, and custom attributes in actions and treatments. For more information, see Building features in Pega 1:1 Operations Manager and How to configure Development and higher instances?.
During the MLP1 release, how do I add actions and configure the Next-Best-Action Designer efficiently?
During the initial phase of the MLP1 cycle, add actions and configure the Next-Best-Action Designer in the Pega Customer Decision Hub application in the Development environment. Then, migrate the changes to higher environments by using the initial deployment pipeline.
When is the right time or inflation point to switch to the BOE?
Once deployment is done and you have validated your initial use cases validated in the Development environment, you can go ahead and do your first application migration to initiate the setup of the BOE instance. After that, the BOE is ready for use.
How do I define product rules to support regular application enhancements?
Separate product rules are required for different pipelines configurations. For more information, see the Deployment Manager documentation.
Assuming that the initial MLP is an outbound implementation, how do I exclude outbound schedules, test cases, segments, extractions, batch output classes, and other artifacts from the product rule?
- While adding applications in the product file, clear the Include datatypes checkbox.
- Include the specific class instance Rule-Obj-Class and use the report definition filter to create a report definition. In the report definition, exclude outbound schedules by filtering the data instance with the Data-Batchout prefix and segments by filtering the data instance with the Sample-Data-Customer-SEG prefix.
For test cases, see Managing test artifacts in pipeline. This artifact is deployed independently of your application artifact in the same pipeline, up until the stage chosen by you in the pipeline. For example, you can choose your tests to deploy only on Quality Assurance and not on Staging and Production stages in the pipeline.
I have simulation cases run in the Development environment. Do I need to filter them out while building the product rule?
Simulation cases are work data, so you need to exclude the artifacts in the initial deployment.
How do I package relevant records while building the product rule?
Relevant records are associated with your implementation rulesets. You need to include the Data-Tag-RelevantRecord and Link-Association-RRCategories data instances in the product file.
What data instances do I need to package?
- PegaMKT-System-Setting – Includes settings for 1:1 Operations Manager and Customer Decision Hub.
- PegaCDH-Data-SubjectDictionary – Includes context dictionary settings.
- Index-PegaMKT-ContainerReference – Used for real-time container and strategy association.
- Index-PegaMKT-ProgramEvent – Includes event indexes.
Do I need to package any specific dynamic system settings?
You do not need to include any specific dynamic system settings (DSS) in the product file.
Do I need to package any data instances specific to Pega 1:1 Operations Manager?
Teams, workgroups, and tags, which are associated with your implementation rulesets, are included as data instances in the product file.
For which rules do I need to specifically change the ruleset so that they can be migrated with the product rule?
Ensure that all data instances are either included explicitly in the product rule or associated with the ruleset.
Issue: On the profile designer, I encountered the following error: “Ruleset details are not available, you may want to verify the context dictionary for availing the ruleset”
You need to package the instances of the PegaMKT-System-Setting class associated with your implementation rulesets.
Issue: While deploying the first migration or business pipeline, I encountered the following error: “OpsMgr: Can’t merge into specified ruleset version. The target version is not visible within application stack”?
In the Development environment, remove the overlay patch version from the application ruleset stack.
Issue: While deploying the first migration or business pipeline, I encountered the following error: “Error updating access groups. No access group points to latest application version”?
There should be an operator pointing to the Pega Customer Decision Hub application in the Production environment.