Creating service cases in App Studio by using the case template
|Description||Best practices for creating service cases in App Studio by using the service case template|
|Version as of||8.5|
|Application||Pega Customer Service|
|Capability/Industry Area||Case management|
Pega Customer Service 8.5 includes new service case templates that you should use when creating new service case types in App Studio. A service case template helps enforce common best practices expected for most case types implemented in Customer Service. In addition to providing common stages, processes, and steps, a case type created from the template includes optional toggles to easily enable or disable certain capabilities without having to modify the case lifecycle.
This document summarizes the key case type template-provided features and configuration options, all of which are considered best practices in case management.
Detailed documentation for creating new service cases by using the case type templates can be found in Adding new case types in the Pega Customer Service Implementation Guide.
Primary and alternate stages
Primary case stages include Eligibility, Intake, Process request, and Resolve. Alternate stages include Bypass eligibility, Ineligible, Not verified, Cancel, and Approval/Rejection. Apply the following best practices for stages:
- Use App Studio for service case implementation and configuration.
- Use the case stages and their optional settings to expedite the implementation of your service cases.
- Add stages and steps to meet your unique business needs and case processing requirements.
- Extend the case template model through numerous extension points that are exposed in the case processing options.
Case processing options
The service case template provides implementation flexibility through a number of configuration settings that can be toggled on or off based on the business needs for each service case. You can change these settings in App Studio by opening a case type, opening the Settings tab, and then selecting Case processing options.
- Use these OOTB options to configure your service cases per business requirements.
- Use each option as a best practice in case management that was designed to be enabled through simple configuration.
- Keep the stages and process steps in place and enable or disable them as needed because it is faster than removing them from the case.
- Extend the case template model by adding other channels as additional subprocesses.
The OOTB case processing options for a service case created from a case type template include:
- Allow duplicate search – Provides a search for duplicate cases.
- Bypass eligibility – Allows the CSR to bypass the eligibility check.
- Compose and send message – Provides an option in the Other actions menu to send an email to the customer.
- Review intake – Displays the case review screen during the Intake stage.
- Send intake notification – Sends a case intake notification to the customer.
- Send resolve notification – Sends a case resolution notification to the customer.
- Show approve rejection stage – Displays the case approve and rejection options in a drop-down list.
- Straight through process – Allows the case to be processes without manual intervention in the process stage.
- Transfer work – Displays the Transfer option in the Other actions menu, allowing the CSR to transfer the case to another CSR.
- Use new confirm screen* – Provides an option to use the enhanced Confirm screen introduced in Pega Customer Service 8.5.
*The confirm harness that was redesigned in Customer Service 8.5 provides a
What’s Next text (bullets) area that can be used to clearly articulate to the CSR what the next actions will be for the current service case, so that the CSR can provide that information to the customer.
For more information, see "Configure case processing options" in Create a new case type from a template.