Configuring the FS Products That are Available to Sell
Configuring the FS Products That are Available to Sell
|Description||Configuring the availability of Financial Services products|
|Version as of||8.5|
|Application||Pega Foundation for Financial Services|
|Capability/Industry Area||Financial Services|
Business purpose of configuring the availability of products for sale
Determining the availability of Financial Services (FS) products is critical in the following applications:
- Sales Automation for Financial Services (SAFS) - the availability of products is used in the creation of Opportunities.
- Client Lifecycle Management for Financial Services (CLM) - the availability of products is determined for the product selection onboarding process.
Selection of Financial Services (FS) products is dependent on the availability of the products, which is based on the location of the organizational unit within the corporate structure of the operator (the user executing the case). The availability of products is based on their inclusion, which is specified as a list of product IDs or entire lines of business that are marked as "allowed" for selection at the operator’s location, as well as their exclusion, which is represented by an exception list of products that are marked as "not allowed" for selection. For example, Global Markets' business line contains 3 products: A, B, and C. Inclusion specifies that all of Global Markets' products are available in a particular corporate structure location (e.g. region X). Exclusion specifies that certain sub-locations within region X (e.g. specific countries, booking entities) don't allow product C to be selected. The result is a final list of products that are displayed for selection after the application of inclusion and exclusion conditions.
Example of Product Selection in a CLM case, based on jurisdiction and booking entity:
Note: Operators making the product selection have the following organizational unit path:
Current State of Inclusion and Exclusion of Products in Foundation for Financial Services (PFFS)
Organizational and Product Structures
A dependency exists between a product’s availability and the operator’s organizational unit (CLM’s product selection), and/or the product structure (SAFS’s products). Both structures are managed by clicking Configure > Financial Services and then clicking the Operating Structure or Product Structure tabs.
Follows a defined Taxonomy where:
- UPlus Financial Services = Financial Institution
- Global Markets = Business Line
- EMEA = Region
- Belgium = Country
- UPlus-Brussels = Booking Entity
Operating Structure Taxonomy
Follows a Taxonomy structure where:
- Taxonomy can be expanded to fit the organization’s specific product structure.
Product Structure Taxonomy
- Operating Structure and Product Structure items created/edited in the UX are saved in the PR_DATA_ADMIN table.
- UPFS is the financial institution abbreviation representing Operating (Organization) Structure.
- UPFSPD is abbreviation represents Product Structure.
The path listed in PYORGUNIT column will be matched with data in Inclusion and Exclusion cross-reference tables, to determine product availability in product selection:
The PR_DATA_ADMIN table also contains operator, workgroup and workbasket records. Workgroups and Workbaskets are created automatically for each new organizational unit created in the UX for the above-defined Operating (Organization) and Product structures:
Product Matrix and Inclusion/Exclusion Cross-Reference Tables
- The FSF_PRODUCTMATRIX table contains basic information records on products, services and product bundles. To generalize, let's refer to all of these as product records. Each product record belongs to a product category and a line of business.
- The FSF_PMINCLUSIONXREF table contains lines of business indicating that all product records for the given line of business are allowed.
- The FSF_MPEXCLUSIONXREF table contains records that block specific product ids or all products belonging to a product category from being allowed.
Basic Formula: Retrieve a list of product records from PRODUCTMATRIX for a specified line of business (INCLUSION), and omit from that list all or some products from a specified product category (EXCLUSION).
INCLUSION – EXCLUSION = List of available products from the PRODUCTMATRIX
- Data for products, services and bundles contained in FSF_PRODUCTMATRIX table can be inserted/edited using the PDFS application.
- Data in FSF_PMINCLUSIONXREF and FSF_PMEXCLUSIONXREF is inserted/updated manually using SQL editor.
Methods for Deriving Available Products
Matches the organizational structure path in the operator’s record with the inclusion path in the FSF_PMINCLUSIONXREF (INCLUSION) table. By default, all products in a matched line of business are available unless specified in FSF_PMEXCLUSIONXREF (EXCLUSION). The FSF_PMEXCLUSIONXREF table specifies products or product categories (all products within a category) that are not allowed.
INCLUSION – EXCLUSION = AVAILABLE LIST OF PRODUCTS
INCLUSION = AVAILABLE LIST OF PRODUCTS (when products are not excluded)
Matches the product structure path in FSF_PRODUCTMATRIX with the market segment path in FSF_PMINCLUSIONXREF (INCLUSION) table. All products in a matched line of business are available.
INCLUSION = AVAILABLE LIST OF PRODUCTS
Integration Class: PegaFS-Data-ProductMatrixInclusionXref
Report Definition: GetLOBByLocation takes the Organizational structure path of the operator and matches it with the inclusion path.
Integration Class: PegaFS-Data-ProductMatrixExclusionXref
- GetExclusionsByProductId takes the Organizational structure path of the operator and searches for type: product to return a list of product IDs.
- GetExclusionsByPMVar2Value takes the Organizational structure path of the operator and searches for type: product category to return a list of product categories.
Integration Class: PegaFS-Int-FSF_PRODUCTMATRIX
Data Class: PegaFS-Data-ProductMatrix
- D_AllowedProductByLocation retrieves available products. Invokes activity GetAllowedProductsByLocation.
- D_AvailableLOB retrieves available lines of businesses from inclusion.
- D_AvailableProductCategory retrieves list of product categories not listed in exclusion.
Activity: GetAllowedProductsByLocation applies formulas based on the following input parameters:
- INCLUSION – EXCLUSION = AVAILABLE LIST OF PRODUCTS
- INCLUSION = AVAILABLE LIST OF PRODUCTS (when products are not excluded).